1. General provisions
1. Information Committee under the Ministry for Information and Communication of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter - the Committee) is an agency of Ministry for Information and Communication of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter - the Ministry) executing regulatory, realizable and supervisory functions and also, participating in execution of strategic functions of the Ministry in the field of information.
2. The Committee is governed by the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan; laws; acts by the President and the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and also, by the Regulation hereof.
3. The Committee is a legal entity in government agency`s legal structure and has seals and stamps with its name on the national language as well as standard forms.
4. The Committee enters into civil law relations on its own behalf.
5. The Committee makes decisions regarding matters within its competence as required by the law and afterwards those decisions are executed by the orders of the Chairman.
6. Structure and staff number of the Committee are approved by the Executive Secretary of the Ministry with the concurrence of Minister for Information and Communication of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
7. Full name of the Committee: “Information Committee under the Ministry for Information and Communication of the Republic of Kazakhstan” republican governmental agency.
8. Location of the Committee: 8 Orynbor str., entrance 14, House of Ministries, Esil district, Astana, 010000, the Republic of Kazakhstan.
9. The Regulation hereof is the constituent document of the Committee.
10. Funding of the Committee`s activities is executed from the republican budget.
11. The Committee is not allowed to enter into contractual relationships with business entities for the purpose of responsibilities execution that are within the Committee`s competence.
In case, if legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan provide the Committee with a title to perform income activities, than all the revenues obtained from such activity would be sent to the republican budget.
2. Mission, basic goals, functions, rights and liabilities
12. The mission:
establishment and implementation of the effective national policy in the field of information for the purpose of infocommunication facility development.
- participation in implementation of national policy in the field of mass media and TV and radio broadcasting ;
- execution of public regulation in the field of TV and radio broadcasting and mass media;
- international cooperation in the field of mass media within the competence in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- execution of management in corresponding sector (field) of public administration;
- maintenance of gender balance when employing and promoting employees;
- execution of other activities allotted to the Committee within its competence.
- provision of the national policy implementation within the competence;
- maintenance of international cooperation within the competence;
- enforcement of law and other regulations in the national safety field;
- preparation of requirements as well as the list of documents to them that certify compliance with those requirements in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- development, coordination and approval of legal acts on matters that are within the competence of the Committee, if direct competence on their approval in the Ministry’s orders is provided, except legal acts devoted to rights and freedoms of a person and citizen;
- development and control over execution of government order on implementation of national information policy on the republican level according to the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- creation of paper and electronic archives of mandatory free-of-charge copies of printed periodicals;
- coordination of activities for central and local executive bodies regarding matters of mass media and TV and radio broadcasting ;
- implementation of national youth policy within the competence;
- interaction and cooperation with youth organizations regarding mass media;
- placement of government order on implementation of national information policy regarding national youth policy;
- provision of information to citizens on the condition of the national safety and measures taken for its provision; spread propaganda- and counter-propaganda activities with observance of the legislation in the field of national secrets` protection;
- relevant prosecution of officials and public officers, whose actions (inactions) lead to violation of national interests and threat to the national security of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- execution of other liabilities stipulated by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan; acts by the President and Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and other legal acts.
14. Rights and liabilities of the Committee:
The Committee has a right to:
1) issue legal acts within its competence;
2) request and obtain required information and materials as required by the law from structural divisions of the Ministry, government agencies, organizations and public officials;
3) offer suggestions on improvement of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
4) hold meetings, seminars, conferences, roundtable discussions, competitions and other activities devoted to matters that are within the Committee`s competence;
5) offer suggestions on establishment of advisory and consultative agencies (workshops, commissions, counsels) for supervising activity areas;
6) engage relevant specialists for participation in inspections regarding matters that are within the competence;
7) exercise other rights provided by the applicable legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Committee`s liabilities are as follows:
1) execution of tasks and functions allotted to the Committee;
2) compliance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan as well as rights and legally protected interests of individuals and legal entities;
3) preparation of explanations on matters that are within the competence of the Committee;
4) provision of required materials and statements within the competence and under the legislation, in cases of official requests by structural units of the Ministry as well as government agencies;
5) integrity provision of public property that is in balance of the Committee;
6) provision of complete, timely and effective management of budget funds allotted for the Committee;
7) execution of public procurement procedure in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. Management of the Committee`s Activities
16. The Committee is headed by the Chairman, assigned and dismissed from the office in compliance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
17. The Chairman has a Deputy, assigned and dismissed from the office in compliance with the procedure established by the legislation.
18. The Chairman of the Committee is charged with general management of the Committee.
19. The Chairman of the Committee:
1) mandatorily executes orders by Minister, Executive Secretary and supervising Prime-Minister;
2) determines duties and competences of deputies, heads of structural units and the Committee`s employees;
3) issues orders within the competence;
4) assigns and dismisses the Committee`s employees, except those employees, the matters of labour relations with whom are within the competence of superior government agencies and public officers;
5) makes decisions on business trips, provision of leaves, delivery of financial assistance, training (re-training), advanced training, payment of perks and bonuses and also, on disciplinary liabilities of the Committee`s employees, except those employees, the matters of labour relations with whom are within the competence of superior government agencies and public officers;
6) represents the Committee in government agencies and other organizations in compliance with the applicable legislation;
7) approves regulations on structural units of the Committee;
8) following public procurement results, signs contracts on public procurement of goods, works, services; completion certificates and also, contracts within the supervising fields;
9) in case of detected corruption offences or activities triggering corruption, informs the Ministry`s executives;
10) enforces public officers ethics by the Committee`s employees;
11) adopts measures aimed at corruption control in the Committee and bears personal liability for taking anti-corruption actions;
12) makes other decisions on matters within the competence.
Fulfillment of the responsibilities of the Committee`s Chairman during his/her absence is executed by a Deputy in accordance with the applicable legislation.
20. Deputy Chairman of the Committee:
1) coordinates activities of the Committee`s structural units within the competence;
2) mandatorily executes orders by Minister, Executive Secretary, supervising Prime-Minister and Chairman of the Committee;
3) executes other functions.
4. The Committee`s property
21. The Committee has a separate property on the basis of operational management.
The Committee`s property consists of the property provided by the government as well as of the other property the cost of which is reflected in the balance sheet of the Committee.
22. The Committee’s property belongs to the republican property.
23. The Committee may not alienate or dispose of the property assigned to it, unless otherwise is provided by the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5. Reorganization and liquidation of the Committee
24. Reorganization and liquidation of the Committee is executed in compliance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.